Christmas is a time for family, friends, and fun. It’s also a time when you want to look your best!
One way to do that, regardless of the rest of your makeup, is with Holiday/festive Christmas eyeliner ideas.
Make your life easier and add a pop of holiday and joy with these super simple eyeliner ideas!
In this blog post, we will show you 5 easy Christmas eyeliner ideas to try this season and how to apply eyeliner for Christmas, even if you are a complete beginner.
So whether you are going to a party or just want to feel extra pretty during the holidays, we have you covered!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Christmas Eyeliner Idea #1: Plain white
This classic and simple eyeliner look is perfect for a subtle holiday vibe.
- Start by lining your upper lid with white eyeliner, and avoid doing the line on the inner part of your eye (closest to the nose).
- Extend it slightly at the outer corner of your eye until you are happy with the shape. I did a winged eyeliner.
- Then apply black mascara and your red lipstick!
I’m wearing red lips on all these eyeliner ideas because I can’t think of another more Christmas-y lip color to wear this season! But feel free to wear a nude or brown lip.
I’d stay away from pinks and oranges since those won’t match the red/green colors of Christmas.
And just like that! You have the first super simple holiday eyeliner idea that any makeup beginner can try! Let’s get to the next one.
Christmas Eyeliner idea #2
This one is perfect if you want a little more drama to your holiday makeup.
- Start by doing white eyeliner on the upper lashline as a base, and then line with black eyeliner.
- You just need to do the black eyeliner slightly thinner than the white so the white can show on top.
- The products I’m using here are this white pen eyeliner from sheglam and this black pen eyeliner. (both extremely good and affordable!)
Pen eyeliner is the EASIEST product to use for winged eyeliner.
- Create a slight wing at the outer corner, and make sure both lines meet at the end of the wing.
Then finish it off with some black mascara, and you’re good to go!
Wait! False eyelashes maybe? If you want to keep things as simple as possible, leave it just like that but if you want a more dramatic look, then maybe add some falsies. Here’s a list of my top picks when it comes to false eyelashes for beginners.
Christmas Eyeliner Idea #3: Candy Cane
This one is perfect for those who want to take their Christmas-y look up a notch!
- Start with a plain white liner, and apply black eyeliner on top (like we just did in the previous idea)
- But this time to elevate the look, even more, we are gonna create a tiny little candy cane at the end of the wing.
- First, take the red eyeliner. In case you don’t have one, you can use a precision brush + setting spray + red powder eyeshadow and make the shape of a candy cane as a base.
Trust me; it’s easier than how it sounds!
- After that, take the white eyeliner and make some small lines, almost like thick dots, to create the look of the candy cane.
If working with tiny designs is not your thing,
You can try a plain white base and then create a line by alternating between white eyeliner and red eyeliner without any black eyeliner as an alternative.
But for me, this idea of having a small candy cane on my eyes as a pop of Christmas is just lovely!
You can make the candy cane as tiny or big as you like.
Christmas Eyeliner Idea #4: Glossy red
This time, it’s all about the red!
- Start with a plain red eyeliner base and draw up to the outer corner of your eyes.
- Make sure you line it up with the shape of your eye. Winged eyeliner will always lift the eyes!
- Then, take some eyeshadow gloss (like this one) and apply it on top for this fresh wet-looking finish
-I also added some shimmer to the inner corners to complete the look.
If you are not into glossy finishes in the eye area, you can opt for a simple plain red or add some red glitter on top of the red.
Christmas Eyeliner Idea #5
If you want some more colorful, Christmas-y eyeliner ideas to try this season, then the red and green one might be for you.
Start with a plain red base on your upper lid, but this time apply it only in the inner middle part of the lash line.
Then take the green eyeliner (like this one) and start at the outer middle part of your eye and draw it up to make a wing.
This is as easy as the other ideas but more colorful for those that love that Christmas time!
Note: I’m not wearing any eyeshadow at all for these eyeliner ideas, and ALL of these are ideas intended to be done in 5 minutes or less.
But you can wear these with your favorite eyeshadows for the full glam Christmas makeup!
Hey! I made an IG reel about these eyeliner ideas. Check the video here. Don’t forget to follow and send some love over there!
Final thoughts on the best Christmas makeup eyeliner ideas
Christmas makeup doesn’t have to be complicated and time-consuming.
With the right eyeliner ideas, you can create simple but stunning looks for the holiday season in a few minutes or less.
Whether you’re into glossy reds, candy cane designs, green wings, or something else entirely—Christmas eyeliner ideas are an amazing way to level up your look during the holiday season and bring some fun drama to your makeup.
Whether you want a more dramatic look with false eyelashes, glitter, or the subtle classic look and mascara, these eyeliner ideas can help you create the perfect look for your Christmas party or Christmas reunion day.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! ♡
I’d love to hear what Christmas eyeliner looks like you are trying this season. Let me know in the comments below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for exclusive makeup tips and tricks + access to the free makeup guide by clicking the button below.
Thanks for reading! ?