Are you looking for a way to make your shower more enjoyable? Look no further – these homemade peppermint shower steamers are the perfect way to add some aromatherapy into your day.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create spa-like scented steamers that will help you relax and rejuvenate.
Get ready to start crafting your own therapeutic shower experience with this easy peppermint shower steamers recipe
Benefits of peppermint Shower Steamers
Peppermint shower steamers are a unique DIY project that offer a refreshing and therapeutic experience in the comfort of your own home.
Some of the benefits of peppermint shower steamers are:
1. Create a spa-like atmosphere in the comfort of your own home.
2. Relieve stress and relax with aromatherapy.
3. An inexpensive way to brighten up your shower routine.
4. Great for handmade gifts and party favors – shows you care!
5. Helps add some visual appeal to your bathroom décor when not in use.
6. Easy to make with just a few basic ingredients for an all-natural option
Aromatherapy is becoming increasingly popular as an easy way to relax and de-stress, and these peppermint-scented shower steamers can provide a luxurious spa-like atmosphere while still being simple to make.
All you need are a few basic ingredients and you can create an oasis in your own bathroom!
What you’ll need
The first step in making peppermint shower steamers is gathering the necessary materials.
All you’ll need is baking soda, sea salt, cornstarch, essential oil (peppermint oil works best here), soap coloring or food coloring (optional), water, and half of an ice cube tray or silicone molds.
You want to use ice cube trays for these because the steamers will eventually be placed directly on the shower floor when it’s time to use them, so the size of an ice cube tray makes sure they won’t be too big or too small for your feet.
Once you’ve gathered all of your supplies, it’s time to start mixing things up!
Begin by mixing together 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup sea salt, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a bowl until everything is evenly combined.
Then add 30 drops of peppermint essential oil into the mix; this will give your steamers the aromatherapy element they need!
After that, add 5-10 drops of soap color or food coloring if desired – this will help give them some visual appeal when they’re done baking.
Finally, slowly stir in enough water so that the mixture forms a thick paste and pour it into half an ice cube tray or silicone mold – whatever shape you prefer!
Now it’s time to let them bake! Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the filled molds onto a cookie sheet for stability.
Bake them for about 10 minutes or until dry throughout; keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
Once finished baking allow them to cool for about 20 minutes before handling; you can even pop them out of the trays at this point since they should have hardened nicely by then.
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy your peppermint shower steamers!
Final tips for your peppermint shower steamers
These homemade peppermint shower steamers make a unique gift idea any time of year.
They are also great additions to holiday gift baskets as well as party favors!
Not only are they relatively inexpensive but they look nice too – plus who doesn’t love getting something handmade? Make sure everyone knows it was made with love when giving these away as gifts.
So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to try out in the bath or shower this season look no further than homemade peppermint shower steamers – there’s nothing like taking advantage of aromatherapy while treating yourself with something special at home!
More posts you might like:
- How to use Aloe vera for your Hair!
- 6 DIY face masks to combat Acne!
- Easy DIY Whipped Body Butter Recipe
- How to make your matte foundation Dewy!
- Shampoo bars vs Liquid shampoo: Which is best?
- How to use Coconut Oil for your Hair!
- 1/2 cup Epson salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of water
- 20-30 peppermint essential oil
- Half circle silicone mold
- Combine the Epsom salt and baking soda together.
- Add 20 drops of the peppermint essential oil and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in water. You do not want it to be soaking but slightly wet. If it is too wet, it will not harden properly.
- Put the mixture into your silicone mold. Let it sit overnight or until it is hard.
- Take out of the mold and enjoy!
To use: It is best not to put these shower steamers in direct water. Get it a bit wet, and then set it to the side of the shower. It will slowly release and energize you!