Last updated on January 6th, 2023 at 09:47 pm
The Absolute Best Mascara for Hooded Eyes with pro tips to enhance hooded eyes!
We all are looking for the perfect mascara partner, and this can be a challenge for anyone.
Trying to find a mascara that doesn’t clump, smear, and is long-lasting takes time, but trying to find the perfect mascara for a hooded eye is even more challenging!
If you didn’t know, hooded eyes are those with a deep-set crease and a heavy brow bone.
There are several challenges that arise for eye makeup lovers who have hooded eyes (Including me!).
Sometimes, our eyeshadow disappears, or it smudges. When it comes to mascara, the biggest challenge is some mascaras transfer onto the brow bone and can leave unwanted black lines on your brow.
But never fear! I’ve included several of my favorite mascaras that are perfect for every kind of hooded eye.
Get your shopping cart ready and let’s dive in.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Best Mascara for Hooded Eyes Overall
I want to start off with two of my top favorite mascaras for any kind of hooded eye. If you finish this list and still aren’t sure which mascara to get, these are two safe, and sure to amaze, options.
- Shapes and Holds: One of my favorite things about this mascara is that it curls your lashes, and is formulated with a film-forming polymer to hold your curled lashes in place.
TIP: Curling your lashes is one of the best things to do for hooded eyes! This will make your eyes look more wide and awake.
- Volumizing: Too Faced’s mascara is also made with acacia senegal tree extract, which naturally adds volume to your lashes.
- Vegan: This mascara is also vegan, so no need to worry about any animal products in this mascara!
- Long-Lasting: Finally, it is long-lasting. Many customers loved that this mascara lasts for 8-10 hours without smearing or fading!
- Flakey: Some customers described this mascara as flakey, especially during extreme heat or cold.
- Pricey: This mascara is on the pricier side, which may be a con for some of us looking for an affordable mascara option. But if that is you, don’t worry! I have a few more affordable options below.
Related Hooded Eyes post: The Absolute Best Eyeliners for Hooded Eyes (Reviewed by a Hooded Eye Makeup Artist)
- Healthy: One of the reasons that I love this mascara is because it is great for my ladies who love natural products. This mascara is paraben-free and silicone-free, so you know that you are putting a safe product on your lashes!
- Moisturizes: There aren’t many mascaras that claim to moisturize your lashes, but Honest Beauty wants to give you everything. Their mascara is made with jojoba esters, which moisturize and condition your lashes!
- Primes and Lengthens: This mascara is a 2 for 1 special. It is not only a mascara, but it is also a lash primer. Plus, it gives you extreme length.
- Great for Sensitive Eyes: This mascara is also dermatologist approved, so you have sensitive eyes, this is the perfect fit!
- Clumps: Some customers find that the small wands on this product tend to clump the mascara.
- Hard Bristles: Another common complaint with this mascara is that the wand itself has short, hard bristles, which can make the application more difficult.
TIP: When you apply your mascara, make sure to apply it at an angle. This will pull your lashes to create a bolder look for your hooded eye.
Best Waterproof Mascara for Hooded Eyes
Waterproof mascara is one of the best qualities to look for in a mascara if you have hooded eyes.
This is because it is less likely to give you the dreaded “raccoon eyes.”
When you have hooded eyes, there is more contact to the eye surface, which means there is a greater chance for your eyes to water, and thus smear your mascara.
But I have included my favorite waterproof mascara below to erase all of those smears away!
- Slim Wand: Slimmer wands are perfect for hooded eyes, and this mascara has one! Plus, it has a flat side to lengthen lashes, and a comb side to separate them.
TIP: When applying mascara, make sure to apply mascara to the lash root. This will make your lashes look fuller and thicker.
- Legendary Length: This mascara is known for providing 60% greater length than the average mascara, and it definitely delivers.
- Smooth Formula: No clumps with this mascara! It has a smooth formula that goes on your lashes easily!
- Transfer-Free: With hooded eyes, a transfer-free mascara is a must, and this waterproof option stays on your lashes, and your lashes only.
- One Coat Isn’t Enough: Some customers found that this mascara needed a few coats to get the desired look, so if you are looking for a bold mascara, you may have to layer this product.
- Lack of Curl: There are also a few customers who feel that this mascara does not curl lashes quite as well as other products do.
Best Mascara for Mature Hooded Eyes
Not only did I search for my favorite mascaras for hooded eyes, but I specifically looked for the best mascara for my mature, hooded eyes.
As your eyes mature, sometimes your hooded eye can become even more hooded, which is why it is crucial to find a mascara that both lengthens and doesn’t transfer. Luckily, the Maybelline mascara below does the trick.
- Flex Tower Mascara Brush: Not only does this brush look like a skyscraper, but it lengthens those lashes like no other! Plus, it bends to volumize every lash.
- Healthy: This mascara is infused with bamboo extract, which strengthens and lengthens your lashes, perfect for the mature eye.
- Easy to Remove: This mascara, while it stays in place all day, is easy to remove at the end of the day. No need to worry about sore eyes or sticky mascara with this product!
- Light: Some mascaras weigh down your lashes and make your eyes feel heavy and tired, but this mascara will feel weightless on your lashes! Even if you layer, this mascara goes on smooth, without and clumps to weigh down your lashes.
- Not for Sensitive Skin: Users with sensitive skin found their eyes were irritated after using this mascara, so it is not the best fit for someone with sensitive skin.
- Bad Smell: This mascara also has a chemical smell that some customers found unappealing.
Best Mascara for Small Hooded Eyes
If you have a small hooded eye and can’t find a good fit, I have the perfect mascara for you! The Maybelline mascara below is the best if you have small hooded eyes!
- Long-Lasting: Customers love that this mascara lasts 18 hours!
- Perfect Brush: This brush is specially made to thicken and lift lashes to make your eyes look wider. This is great for my smaller-eyed ladies!
- Waterproof: This mascara is also waterproof, and it promises to never smudge or fade.
- Lots of Color Options: Unlike some mascaras, this one has several different shades of black and brown to choose from, so you can find the perfect fit for you.
- Dries Out Fast: One downside of this mascara is that it may leave your lashes feeling dry by the end of the day.
TIP: Apply mascara to your lower lids as well to draw more attention to your eyes.
WAIT! Want to Apply Makeup like a Pro? Get The Ultimate Professional Makeup Bundle and learn the Makeup fundamentals, with pro step-by-step guides, charts, cheat sheets, SECRET professional makeup tips, a makeup face chart workbook & all you need to start to level up your makeup game!
Best Drugstore Mascara for Hooded Eyes
If you are in need of an affordable and effective mascara, look no further. This Maybelline mascara will not disappoint!
- Perfect for All Lash Types: Whether you have straight, sparse, unruly, or short lashes, this mascara will work for you!
- Best-Selling Mascara: When looking for a drugstore mascara,
- Expert Brush: This fanning brush comes with 10 layers of bristles for extra volume.
- Waterproof: Finally, this mascara is waterproof, a must-have for hooded eyes!
- Not Long-Lasting: There are also a few complaints that this mascara did not last all day long
Best mascara for Oily Hooded Eyes
If you also have oily eyes, finding a mascara that isn’t oily will help to reduce the oil on your face. Luckily, the Maybelline mascara below does the trick!
- Top Rated: I love that this mascara has a long history. For 10 years, it has been one of the top-rated mascaras on the market!
- Bended Brush: This brush is curved, to provide a bold look without clumping. Plus, it has 2x the collagen than the typical mascara, for extra volume.
- Lifts and Separates: You don’t have to worry about lashes sticking together with this mascara. It not only lifts your lashes but separates them to make sure each one stands bold on its own.
- Buildable: If you want an extra bold mascara, this is the one for you. It is buildable, so you can do multiple layers without clumping!
- Strong Smell: Some users did not like that this mascara had a strong scent of chemicals.
- Dries out: This mascara also does not stay moist on your lashes but might dry out after a few hours.
Conclusion on the best mascara for Hooded eyes
My favorite mascara for Hooded eyes overall is this one here.
It is undeniable that finding the perfect mascara can be a challenge, especially when you have hooded eyes. But I hope that you found a perfect fit from my favorite mascaras above and that you can create even more stunning makeup looks!
More Hooded Eyes posts:
- How to Apply Eye makeup for Hooded eyes (Step by Step)
- Easy Cut Crease Eyeshadow Tutorial for Hooded Eyes
- Eye makeup Hacks to enhance Deep-set Hooded eyes (Full tutorial)
- How to Apply Eyeliner for Hooded Eyes (Step by step)