Eyeliner for Almond Eyes
They say the eyes are the windows to your soul. If that’s true, does that make eyeliner the curtain rod? No matter what you think about your eyes, when it comes to makeup, having an eye-catching eyeliner is essential.
Eyeliner can take your look from subtle to dramatic, and everything in between. Plus, it can fit and accentuate any eye makeup look. But, when it comes to eyeliner, not all looks and products are created equal. In fact, your eye shape is a huge factor when it comes to which eyeliner is best for you!
Today I am looking at my almond-eyed ladies and sharing exactly what eyeliner is best for you, how to best apply eyeliner according to your eye shape, a few of my favorite eyeliners, and more!
So say goodbye to wondering which look is best suited for your face, and hello to a whole new world of tips and tricks specifically for you!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
What Are Almond Eyes?
Before we dive into the specifics of the best eyeliner for almond eyes, you might be wondering, what are almond eyes? Almond eyes typically have smaller eyelids and are longer in width than they are round.
They also have a subtle upward curve in the corners. If that sounds like your eye shape, then this article is perfect for you!
What Type Of Eyeliner Is Best For Almond Eyes?
You can use any type of eyeliner for your almond eyes, but pen and gel eyeliners are my favorites. Both of these eyeliners leave a gorgeous finish and are a bit easier to manipulate than a liquid liner.
How To Apply Eyeliner For Almond Eyes
Almond eyes actually have quite a bit of flexibility when it comes to shapes and styles that you can play around with. I will be talking specifically about winged eyeliner below (which is a great style to try out) but if you want a simple eyeliner look for almond eyes, follow these steps.
1. Follow your Upper Lash Line
The first thing that you want to do is to take your eyeliner (whether pencil, liquid, or gel) and follow your upper lash line. Create a thin line from the inner corner to the middle of your eye, and then go from the outer corner and back to the middle.
TIP: Keep your line as thin as possible. Use your lash line for direction while you draw your line.
2. Make the Ends Thicker
If you want to really make your almond eyes pop, add a bit more liner on the outer corners of your eyes.
Optional: Make into a Wing
While I will be talking more about the benefits of winged eyeliner below, if you want to make a wing, this would be the step to do so. If not, just round off the corners of your eyes.
Optional: Make into a Cat-Eye
While a winged look is my favorite look for almond eyes, a cat eye is a close second. Cat eyes will also make your eyes look lifted and bigger, which is perfect for almond eyes!
3. Finish with Mascara
To complete your look, add a bit of mascara to make your eyes stand out even more!
Winged Eyeliner For Almond Eyes
Winged eyeliner is a gorgeous way to make your almond eyes stand out even more. The reason why I love winged eyeliner for almond eyes is that it lifts your eyes and makes them look wider.
While you already know where to add a wing to your eyeliner guide, there are a couple more details you should keep in mind. If you do not have any hood or strong crease, you can style your wing however you would like.
But, if your eyes are more hooded, or you have a strong crease, make sure to extend your wing further than your crease.
Almond Eyes Eyeliner Tips
There are so many tips and tricks when it comes to applying eyeliner for almond eyes. Check out a few of my favorites below:
- Use a Lighter Color for your Waterline: One of the best things you can do to make your eyes look a little bigger is to use a lighter color on your bottom waterline and keep a black eyeliner on top. This will make your eyes pop!
- Fill in Waterline with Nude: This simple trick is perfect for anyone who lost a little sleep and wants to look more awake, but it is especially great for people with almond eyes. If you don’t want to add a lighter color to the bottom of your waterline, instead add a nude liner. This subtle change will make your eyes look more awake and alert.
- Do a Wing or Cat Eye: As I mentioned earlier, the two best looks for almond eyes are wings and cat eyes. But, the almond eye shape does have a lot of flexibility, so make sure to try out different looks and see how they work for you!
Almond Eye Makeup Tips
Before we dive into my favorite eyeliners perfect for almond eyes, I want to highlight a few more important makeup tips!
- Do a One-Shade Look: If you want an easy way to accentuate your almond eyes, opt for a one-shade look. You can pick something bold or go more muted, depending on your personal preference. Cover your entire lid in one shade, and then add a little shadow to the lower lash line as well.
- Lighter Shades are Key: If you want to give the illusion of a wider eye, try covering your lid with a lighter shade of eyeshadow. Nude eyeshadow is best for this trick.
- Use Rubber Mascara Wand: When it comes to mascara, the best mascara tool is a rubber wand. This will coat each lash with mascara and make your eyes look even more beautiful!
Best Eyeliners For Almond Eyes
Now that you know everything you need to know about almond eye makeup tips, let’s check out my favorite liquid pen eyeliner, gel eyeliner, and pencil eyeliner, specifically for almond eyes.
Liquid eyeliner is definitely the trickiest type of eyeliner to use when it comes to almond eyes, so I had to find the best in the business.
- Waterproof: Having a waterproof eyeliner is a must, especially with a liquid liner. This eyeliner can withstand all of the elements!
- Won’t Budge: This eyeliner is long-lasting, and it stays in place. Customers love that they can apply it in the morning, and by the end of the night, it will still look just as clean and bold as it did in the morning.
- Thin Tip: The tip on this eyeliner is made for precision, so you can have confidence when applying this liner.
- Takes Time to Dry: One con with this liner is that it might take a little bit to dry, so make sure to wait before moving on to the next step in your makeup routine.
Next we have my favorite gel liner, the Inglot AMC Liner.
- Variety of Colors: If you want a colorful liner, Inglot has you covered. This liner comes in 20 different colors, which vary from black to bright teal. This eyeliner is also extremely pigmented, so whatever color you choose will be bold and beautiful.
- Gorgeous Finish: This liner leaves a stunning matte finish, perfect for almond eyes.
- Vegan: This liner is also vegan and cruelty-free!
- Smudges: One complaint with this liner is that it might smudge a bit. While some customers said that it went on smooth and created very clean lines, others said that it smudged throughout the day.
Finally, check out my favorite eyeliner pencil, perfect for almond eyes.
- Smooth Application: Even the name suggests that this pencil glides onto your eyes, and it is not kidding. I love that this pencil has an extremely smooth application with no skipping.
- Variety of Finishes: This pencil also comes in 5 different finishes: matte, shimmer, metallic, glitter, and cream, to fit any look!
- Nourishing Ingredients: I love that this eyeliner has a few nourishing ingredients, which is especially important when using products so close to your eye. This pencil is made with jojoba oil, Vitamin E, and cottonseed oil. These ingredients nourish and condition your eye.
- Not Long-Lasting: You may find yourself needing to reapply to liner during the middle of the day, as it does tend to fade in some places.
Conclusion on best eyeliner for almond eyes
Almond-eyed makeup lovers, rejoice! There are so many different eyeliners looks that you can do that will make your eyes even more gorgeous than they already are.
I can’t wait for you to try out a winged eye or a cat-eye for your next makeup look, or experiment with something completely different! No matter which eyecatching look you choose, your almond eyes will definitely be the start of the show!
What’s Next? More Eye Makeup Posts:
- The EASIEST eyeliners to use if you are a makeup beginner (+ pro tips)
- The Secret Eyeliner hacks to prevent eyeliner from smudging or smearing
- Best 15 Drugstore Waterproof Eyeliners (gel, liquids, and pencils!)