Last updated on July 27th, 2022 at 08:21 pm
Best cream highlighter sticks, best Drugstore cream highlighters, and the best cream highlighters for medium to deep skin, fair skin, and mature skin!
As highlighter continues to become more popular in the makeup world, there are more highlighter products on the market than ever.
But with more products means more confusion on which products are actually the best and most effective.
Highlighter is a versatile makeup product that is a must-have for any makeup lover. Whether you want to add a little more definition to your face or create a contouring masterpiece, you need a great highlighter.
Today I am highlighting my favorite cream highlighters for every skin tone!
Let’s dive right in with a few of my favorite cream highlighter sticks.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Best cream highlighter sticks
One of the reasons why I love cream highlighter sticks is because they are easy to use and perfect for on-the-go makeup. Check out a few of my favorites below:
Price Range: $20-$25 at ULTA
- Buildable: One of the reasons why I love this highlighter stick is because it is highly pigmented, but it is also buildable. With one swipe, you will have a gorgeous highlight, but you can also contour without your face feeling heavy or cakey.
- Oil-Free: Another reason why this stick is on my favorites list is because it is oil-free. This is especially perfect for those of us with oily and/or sensitive skin. This highlighter will not cause breakouts or skin irritation!
- Multi-Tasks: Not only can you use this cream stick to highlight, but you can also use it as an on-the-go concealer!
- Few Shades: One con of this stick is that it only has four shades, so it might not work for every skin tone.
- Not Long-Lasting: Some customers complained that this highlighter stick did not last all day long, so you might need to reapply before you get ready for a night out.
Price Range: $30-$35 at ULTA
- Universal Shade: While this product only has four shades, their Ice, Ice Baby shade is a universal and transparent shade that works with any skin tone.
- Metallic Glow: If you are looking for a highlighter stick that gives a little sparkle, this is the one for you. Its metallic finish isn’t overly dramatic but is a subtle yet eye-catching look.
- Lightweight: Another great feature of this highlighter stick is that it is lightweight on your face, so you can easily wear a full face of makeup without your face feeling heavy.
- Difficult to Blend: One common complaint about this product is that it is difficult to blend. It goes on tacky, which means it is more prone to stay in place than blend in with the rest of your makeup.
- Cheap Brush: While this stick does come with a brush, many users say that this brush is cheaply made and does not work well.
Price Range: $35-$40 at ULTA
- Not Just Your Face: If you love to highlight other parts of your body, this stick is perfect for you! It can be used on your face and body, so go contouring crazy!
- Hydrating Ingredients: Infused in this highlighter stick is jojoba seed oil, which hydrates and smoothes the skin.
- Pearl Finish: This highlighter also leaves a gorgeous pearl finish and makes your skin look positively iridescent.
- Expensive: This is one of the more expensive highlighters on the list, so if you are hoping to save a few dollars, I suggest checking out a few of my favorite drugstore highlighters below.
- Lack of Versatile Shades: This stick is definitely a better fit for those with fair skin. There are only three shades, and they are all lighter in tone.
Price Range: $25-$30 at ULTA
- Healthy Ingredients: There are so many amazing ingredients in this highlighter stick!
It contains white tea extract, which is soothing to your skin and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is also made with Vitamins A and E, which both soften your skin. Plus, it has squalene, which is packed full of antioxidants.
- Infused with Gold: If you really want to catch someone’s eye, this highlighter stick is infused with 24k gold flecks!
- Limited Options: While this highlighter is definitely eye-catching, it does not suit every skin tone. This cream stick only comes in one shade, so it is perfect for fair-skinned women, but that is about it.
- Breaks Easily: If you have fallen in love with this highlighter, make sure to be careful when taking off the lid. Several customers broke their stick when they twisted off the protective cap. 5.
Price: Check the current price here
- Anti-Aging Ingredients: This highlighter stick is great for mature skin. It is filled with collagen, grapeseed, and peptides, which are all amazing anti-aging ingredients.
- Cooling Formula: Perfect for hot days, this highlighter stick is infused with aloe and green tea, so it provides a cooling sensation every time you apply it.
- Blends Easily: This highlighter stick goes on smoothly and blends easily for a subtle highlighted look.
- Small Quantity: While this highlighter is effective, the stick itself doesn’t come with a lot of product, so you may have to replace it more often than you would like.
- Glittery: If you are looking for a natural glow, this might not be the best fit for you. This highlighter will make your face look sparkly, so if that isn’t your thing, keep on reading!
Best Drugstore cream highlighter
I love a good deal, and if you are looking for an affordable and effective highlighter, this is the section for you. These highlighter sticks are cheap, and are still high-quality! Check the best drugstore cream highlighters below!
Price Range: $10-$15 at ULTA
- Healthy Ingredients: One of the reasons Burt’s Bees is a great brand is because all of its products are made with natural ingredients.
This stick contains coconut oil and jojoba oil, which are both incredibly hydrating and healthy for your skin.
- Natural Look: If some of the sparkly highlighters above have not been your cup of tea, this highlighter stick has come to the rescue. One amazing feature is that this stick looks incredibly natural on your face and leaves a gorgeous matte finish.
- Not for Sensitive Skin: Since this stick contains coconut oil (which can sometimes feel oily on your skin) it is not ideal for sensitive skin. It could cause breakouts or leave your face feeling oily.
- Picks up Base Makeup: Some customers complained that this product picked up their base makeup instead of blending with it. But this can depends on the consistensy of your foundation.
I would recommend a liquid lightweight foundation instead of a foundation stick to combine with this product.
Price Range: $5-$10 at ULTA
- Universally Flattering: While this highlighter only comes in one shade, many customers love that it is universally flattering, no matter what your skin tone is.
- Glide on Skin: Even though this isn’t a stick, this highlighter glides smoothly onto your skin with a brush or even your fingers.
- Glossy Finish: While this cream highlighter does not have the shimmery look that some of the sticks above had, it does leave a gorgeous glossy finish that will make your skin look dewy and youthful.
- Greasy: While a glossy finish looks nice, some customers felt that this highlighter was too greasy on their faces.
- Heavy: Another common complaint was that this highlighter felt heavy on the face. So if you are wearing a lot of makeup, this product might weigh your face down a bit.
- Applies Wet: One of the best features of this highlighter is that it applies wet and creamy, but dries quickly to lock your look in place. This means it is perfect for blending or wearing on its own.
- Cruelty-Free: This highlighter is also 100% cruelty-free and vegan!
- Little Goes a Long Way: This product is not only affordable, but you do not need to use a lot to get a gorgeous look.
- Glittery: This is another highlighter that is great for fun looks, but might not be the best fit if you want something professional or natural.
- Oily: If you have oily skin, this product could cause your face to be even more oily because it is not oil-free.
- Healthy Ingredients: One of my favorite qualities of Physicians Formula products is that they are packed full of amazing ingredients. This highlighter in particular contains jojoba oil, Indian senna seed, aloe vera, and botanical cactus flower.
- Natural Look: Another great feature of this highlighter is that it is sparkle-free! It is perfect if you want a natural or subtle look!
- Blends Easily: Finally, this highlighter is easy to use and easy to blend!
- Thick: Some customers complained that this highlighter was too thick on their face, so this might not be the best option if you like wearing a lot of makeup.
- Only 2 Shades: Like a few other products on this list, this highlighter does not have a lot of shade options. If you have very light or very dark skin, this product might not work for you. Those with a medium skin tone found this product to be the perfect fit!
- Easy Application: This stick makes it easy to apply and blend your highlighter to create that perfect glow.
- Lightweight: Another great feature of this highlighter is that it feels lightweight, so it pairs well with the rest of your makeup routine and does not feel heavy on your face after application!
- Subtle Shimmer: While this product does have a shimmer finish, it is more subtle than some of the other highlighters above. It is made with micro-fine pearls to ensure a natural-looking sparkle.
- Little Product: Even though this product is affordable, it does not come with a large amount of product. You might run out of this highlighter quickly.
- Not Full-Coverage: This highlighter is not good if you are looking for a highlighter with concealer properties. Maybelline’s highlighter will not conceal blemishes like some highlighters might.
Best cream highlighter for Fair skin
We have looked at quite a few products that are great for fair skin, but the IT Cosmetics Creme Highlighter is at the top of my list. Here’s why:
- Natural: This highlighter is made without any shimmer or metallic finish, so it is perfect if you want to wear it alone or with other makeup. It looks natural and makes your skin glow.
- Silky: Not only does this product feel silky, but it is also made with real silk to create a youthful glow.
- Uses Drops of Light Technology: I love a makeup product that is smart. This highlighter is engineered to utilize light-mimicking. This means it naturally blurs your skin by using light around you!
- No Applicator: While I love this highlighter, one con is that it does not come with any type of applicator, so you will have to purchase that separately.
Best cream highlighter for Deep skin
Now that we have looked at my favorite highlighter for fair skin, I have to show you my favorite highlighter for deep skin. Check it out below!
- Mix and Match: This highlighter comes in four different shades, perfect for every skin tone. This is ideal if you want a highlighter, bronzer, and blush all in one palette.
- Youthful Look: While some makeup products highlight wrinkles, this product does not! It goes on easily and does not cake or crease.
- Subtle Color: While some may love subtle color, many customers complained that this highlighter was not very pigmented.
- Grainy: Another con of this product is that it looks and feels grainy when applied.
Best cream highlighter for Mature skin
Finally, I have to share my favorite highlighter for mature skin!
- Anti-Aging Ingredients: If I am highlighting one of my favorite products for mature skin, you better bet that it has a plethora of anti-aging ingredients.
This highlighter contains hyaluronic acid and shea butter, which are both amazing for your skin!
- Universal Product: This product also works with every skin tone!
- Does not Conceal: One con of this highlighter is that it is not a great concealer. So if you are looking for a product that blurs wrinkles, you will need to wear a concealer along with this highlighter.
If you found this cream highlighters guide helpful you might like my list of the best Drugstore Cream Bronzers.
Final thoughts on the best Cream Highlighter
Our #1 recommended cream highlighter is this amazing highlighter stick from Anastasia Beverly Hills! We love how naturally blends with the skin and foundation and the incredible glowy effect you can get in minutes!
Just because there are a lot of highlighters on the market, it does not mean you have to get lost in a sea of products! In fact, make sure to refer back to this list if you are looking for a new highlighter to try in the future.
Whether you are looking for an intense glitter contour or a subtle highlight, I hope you found the perfect highlighter for you!
Related Makeup Posts:
- The Best Cream Bronzers for the Perfect Glow (Sticks, Compacts, Jelly)
- 12 Amazing Lip and Cheek tints, Sticks, and Stains you need to try!
- 15 Best Waterproof Eyeliner from the Drugstore! (That are so good)
- What’s the Best concealer for Cut Crease? (Tips + Best products)
- How to Lift your Face with Concealer, Highlighter and Bronzer! (In minutes)